Mobile has overtaken desktop for viewing websites. With today’s mobile workforce, many potential customers are away from desktop computers and accessing your website on their mobile devices. By not having a mobile optimised site, you will be missing out on your key customers and ultimately, missing out on sales.
Common mistakes for websites on mobile
- The text is too small so users can’t read the website without zooming in. Desktop sites are being squashed into a mobile screens.
- Calls to action and buttons are in the wrong place or too small, so users can’t move around your website and make purchases.
- Your company phone number or address is not prominent enough; users on mobile usually need this information so they can get in touch quickly.
If your website is making these mistakes get in touch and we can review your website.
What are the causes of mobile user increase?
- Social media has been a huge driver; 90% of Facebook’s daily active users access it via mobile and users are clicking links to your website.
- Email data tell a similar story; 54% of emails are now opened on mobile so customers are clicking to your website on their mobile.
- People are searching differently; Google announced last year that there are more searches on mobile than tablet and desktop combined
What does that mean for your existing website?
Quite simply, in a World where mobile has overtaken desktop for viewing websites, you could be missing out on sales and revenue. Some argue that customers do not always purchase via mobile, but even so, they will definitely be researching your products and services to make a purchase later. If your website does not supply this product information easily then you may be negatively impacting your sales. An update last year by Google resulted in non-mobile websites falling down search results ranking, so your company website will be harder to find by your customers and competitors will be displayed instead.